Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day One of RSRT

You wouldn't believe it, but I have kept a diary today so that I would remember to write everything down in detail.

The diary is downstairs in the glovebox of the car.  It's 10.30pm and BGWLBH is sleeping, so I can't disturb her by going downstairs to get it (we are on the top floor).

I have spent the last three hours going through some photos, so I will post a few of them and I promise to bring you up-to-date on the goings-on of the trip tomorrow night.

There was quite a bit of silliness today and we saw lots of unusual things like an emu and an echidna.

We are so used to driving on the freeways where you don't see that sort of thing anymore .. and now we are on the back roads where there is little traffic and so much more to look at!

Wilbur-Herbert, our travelling companion was keen to get started this morning.
Where else would BGWLBH want to go for breakfast???

Wilbur-Herbert is a keen tennis player himself.

Wilbur-Herbert's Grandfather used to tell him stories about bit old useless pieces of rusty machinery
Just the other side of Ardlethan - a surprise oasis.
Wilbur-Herbert takes his own toilet paper everywhere - just in case!
We saw his silhouette in the distance and when we stopped he came huffing and puffing and grunting straight at us!
No other emus and nothing else for miles - BGWLBH was terrified that he was going to attack me
so she was screaming for me to get back in the car!
Went to a B&S Ball here years ago.

The main road of Ariah Park.
The men in the next photo told us that this is the original facade of the shop.
We forget these men's names, but the one in front owns the shop where they are sitting.
Adoring Husband and I considered buying this pub about 5 yrs ago.
It has a crack in the entire building that gapes about 6 inches wide.
The Barmedman Pub
That's about all I can manage tonight.  It's been a big day and I've already spent hours on the photos, posting them to facebook and then to here.

We hope to start bright an early tomorrow morning to catch some nice morning light.

Tomorrow night I will provide more detail about our days so far!

For now, that's all I can bring you from day one of our Rock Star Road Trip.

Nite all.

No comments: