Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 133 in a Year of my Life

Trivia night at the local club tonight.

We had eight at our table and there were eight other teams.

We came second!  By one point!

I think we had a good team and everybody contributed really well - although some a little loud at times.  I'm sure we gave a couple of answers away.

The person who made up the questions, interestingly enough, asked the same question twice - not just on one round, but on two rounds! She blamed storm damage for her errors lol.

The cost of the night was supposed to include a light supper, but that fell through, and we ended up with a couple of small bowls of chips and a bowl of nuts.

Luckily I took my own GF nuts and also a light salad, which I left in my bag when the light supper didn't eventuate.

As the night wore on and the drunkenness took over, it became very loud and disorderly!  Our table was one of the more subdued and orderly tables.

This afternoon, as the time drew closer to get ready for this evening, I began to regret organising it and I really didn't feel very motivated or keen to go.  But I'm so glad that we did because I ended up having a really nice time.  We had some good laughs and combined, we made a good trivia team.

Yay for us!

Today, I am grateful for delicious, lazy, uninterrupted afternoon naps that have no time limit and can be enjoyed at leisure.  Especially enjoyable after a gourmet lunch made by Adoring Husband.

Nite all

No comments: