Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 174 in a Year of my Life

It's been another full day.

Riding the trike this morning, drive into The Bay, shopping, a movie, more shopping, rushed home in time to get ready to go for our weekly outing to the club.

I'm sitting at my new desk as I write this.  We bought the chair today and Adoring Husband assembled it after we got home tonight.

I'm so tired after two nights in a row of 1am bed times, so this will be very short and sweet tonight.

Now that I have a work area, I expect my posts to be a little more substantial and written earlier in the day.

I'll take another photo tomorrow to show how my work area is coming along.

I'm very happy and very excited to have it usable now.

Today I am grateful for Adoring Husband's obsessive personality that makes him work his little bottom off until the job is done.  He has gone above and beyond the call of duty and I appreciate his efforts.

Nite all.

No comments: