Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 185 in a Year of my Life

What a lovely day I've had today.

It started with my early morning ride to the boys at the new Seat of Knowledge, which was followed by a very pleasant morning tea with the girls.

I spent ninety minutes playing with my photos, which then gave me 30 minutes to get ready for the monthly 'Lady's Luncheon'!  It was held at the local watering hole today and there were about fifteen of us in attendance.

I actually ate at home before I left, because the pub's 'gluten free' options aren't strictly 'gluten free', and I have been caught out there before.

Basically, I went for the social aspect and I now have a morning tea date with one of the ladies next week!  We've talked about it many times before this, but never made any solid plans til now, so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've been taking a lot of photos lately, but my success rate has been pretty low.  I have a sunset shot from last Saturday.


and a 'before' and 'after' shot of one of Bubbles' photos.  I think she composed this photo very well. I just added my own bit of editing.  I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.



Another big day tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.  Have a lovely 'hump day' (Wednesday) everybody.

Nite all.

No comments: