Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Positively Great

I was introduced to a blog, ages ago (and by ages, I mean at least 2 yrs ago), by Vegan Chickie.

The blog is called 'Yes and Yes - because yes is more fun than no'

If I recall correctly, one of Vegan Chickie's photos was selected for the 'Yes and Yes' calendar that they issue every year.

Admittedly, as my life has filled with lots of other interesting things like photography, cooking, health and nutrition, visiting the Sunny Coast regularly,  I haven't followed the blog for over a year, even though I still receive the posts through my RSS feed.  I kind of just ignore it.

HOWEVER .. today I just happened to have a look, and Sarah Von, the writer, shared something that she does every day, and which I think is a great idea.

She keeps a note book beside her bed and at night before she goes to sleep, she writes down five great things that happened to her that day.

It could be something as small as enjoying a take-away coffee from the local cafe or as big as the birth of a grandchild or something like 'I bought a nice sharp pair of scissors today'!

Then on the opposite page, she writes a list of five things that she has to do tomorrow.  It could be cleaning the toilet, attending an important meeting, paying a bill, climbing a mountain, visiting a friend .. whatever!

She says that it makes her feel good about the day that she just had and helps her relax about tomorrow so that she can sleep more soundly.  She even mentioned that her brain conjures up ideas in her sleep, so that things run more smoothly the next day!

It just so happens that I bought myself a lovely little notepad while shopping with Adoring Husband yesterday.  It has a black cover with three words #EAT #PRAY #WRITE written on the front.  I have a bit of a 'thing' for stationery .. much the same as my 'thing' for shoes and handbags lol.

I buy notepads and journals and diaries, but don't like to write in them, because that would spoil their crisp, clean beauty!

I bought this one, telling myself that I would use it .. for something!  Now I've found the 'something' that I'm going to use it for and it will go on my bedside table, starting tonight!

I logged into Google+ today and look what I discovered!!  Google+ played with the Mickey photo to make it snow!


Pretty cool huh?

While I was sitting at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, I noticed a husband and wife walking along the river path, when they stopped, and were looking intently up between two houses nearby.  They edged closer and closer to the houses and kept whispering to each other.

After about 10 minutes, they continued on their walk, and as they got closer to the SOK, I caught their attention and asked what they had noticed between the houses.

They told me that there was a large goanna standing on it's hind legs, so I grabbed my camera and went investigating.

He was a mighty find specimen!


I think he liked the feel of the warm concrete on his belly.

An interesting thing happened today.  A facebook friend, from my 104 photography group, requested, via a facebook post,  a volunteer to help her with an assignment.

She is studying the Higher Dip in Nutritional Medicine and needed a volunteer to provide their diet details via a daily diary, which she made up and emailed through to me.

It will be interesting for me to see exactly what I consume in a week too, so I'm very keen to help her.

She also gave me a couple of recommendations for nutrition courses that were not on my list, so I will follow them up too.

I might get to bed before midnight tonight!  Wish me luck.

Nite all.

No comments: