Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Gutsy Person of Interest

There are so many stories of health improvements and healing through the Paleo Way lifestyle and I never tire of reading the success stories of hundreds, if not thousands, of happier healthier people.

Whenever I read about someone suffering from a particular disease, I do a google search to see how many stories I can find of people who have either improved or cured the same disease through diet. It's almost always Paleo, but sometimes it's just removing gluten, or just dairy or just discovering an allergy to nightshades or some other food/chemical/additive etc.

Today, I read a story about a young person suffering from Crohn's Disease, which is a debilitating illness.  Some of the symptoms I have embarrassingly dealt with myself, through my gluten intolerance, but Crohn's is a very nasty disease with all of it's symptoms together in full force and I am grateful that I don't suffer from this terrible condition.

After I read about this young person, I did my usual google search and found a blog called Gutsy by Nature written by a young woman in northern Virginia in USA who suffers from Crohn's Disease and how she is healing herself using the Paleo Way lifestyle. Through her blog she is diarising and monitoring her progress and hoping to eventually help others suffering from this condition.

She does state that changing to the Paleo Way has not 'cured' her, but her symptoms have been overwhelmingly alleviated and even the readings in her Crohn's medical tests have improved so dramatically, they are most often showing in the 'normal' range.

I have read most of it and it's an interesting read.

There are a lot of interesting reads out there about people who, in desperation, because they cannot get relief or answers from their doctor, have reversed or cured their medical conditions just by changing their diets. Conditions from eczema to migraines to psoriasis to diabetes to heart disease to Crohn's Disease and even cancer.

Perhaps once each week, I can share a story in here, or provide a link so that you can choose to read it if you like. I find anecdotal evidence so much more interesting than any other types of evidence. Real people sharing their stories, their hardships, their break throughs .. always eye opening and sometimes inspiring.

Two things that I enjoyed in Facebook today ...



Nite all.

No comments: