Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Home Again

The babysitting evening went incredibly well.

Mama and Dadu arrived home at 11pm. Yes, you read that correctly.

And FYI .. NOT because of that 'inevitable phone call' that I mentioned in yesterday's post.

It seems that Mama needed Chicklet before Chicklet needed Mama.

Small steps.

Chicklet and I filled our last day together, playing Aquanauts, dinosaurs, swinging in the back yard and playing catch.

As she went to bed with stories read by Mama, I hopped in the car with Dadu and drove to the train station.

I arrived 30 minutes early and had to sit alone at the station. I had my phone poised to call 000 just in case! Then a young man arrived. He had just spent 35 hours in a plane from France where he had spent a month on holidays, so he was feeling a bit 'chatty'. So the last 15 minutes went really quickly and the train arrived right on time.

It was a comfortable ride home with only 8 people on my carriage .. four of them coughing and spluttering with some kind of cold or flu. Annoying that so many germs were flying around!

Adoring Husband's smiling face was waiting for me at my destination and it was good to get home.

Oh and I finally received the results of my Chemistry Essay. What is supposed to take 2 weeks, took 7 weeks!! At least the 90% mark was worth waiting for.

Now I just have to wait for the last two exam results before I sign up for the next semester.

It's now well after midnight. Time for sleep.

Nite all.



No comments: