Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Whaaaaat????

I had a boy's look.

Go-carting was on our 'to do' list this morning. I checked the website which said 'Open 7 days week 9.30am - 5.30pm' but what I failed to notice was that those hours are only during school holidays!

The remainder of the year, they are open Thursday - Sunday. Today is Wednesday.

Ugh.

So, we decided to have an early lunch at Enzos on the Beach before heading out to Gundiah to visit Best Cousin in the World on the farm.

Adoring Husband and I chose the Nachos Moo because it was one of the few GF options available. AH loved it but I thought it was a bit ordinary. No. 1 Son had the curry of the day and even though it tasted good, it was a small serve for the cost of $24. The view and the perfect weather made up for any food shortfalls.





It seemed like a long drive to Gundiah and I thought it would never end, but we finally made it and were greeted with the sight of these gorgeous little fluff balls.


I had a very long cuddle with one of them, which I named Trevor, and he was the only puppy still available, but thanks to Adoring Husband, common sense prevailed and no deal was done! (That's Trevor lying down right at the back)

The boys went for a drive around the farm while BCITW and I chatted over a glass of wine.

After a couple of hours we headed home where AH cooked our steaks on the barbecue and I prepared a couple of salads to go with. After dinner I made a big batch of chocolate soft serve ice cream.

Here it is, almost 9pm and once again, I am feeling very weary.

I've accepted No. 1 Son's challenge to race the boys in the go carts tomorrow, so I'd best get an early night so that I'm fresh and alert for the big event!

Nite all

No comments: