Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lazy Sunday

Was it really?

I can't remember what order any of this happened, but in a round about kind of way, this is my day ...

My plan was to spend the entire day in bed.

I had lots of projects that I wanted to either do some more of, begin anew, or complete.

At 11am I began gathering all the paraphernalia that I needed, but part of that paraphernalia included my original drawing/plan of the pool area and do you think we could find it?

Not a chance.

I went through every bedroom, every drawer, every box and bag of goodies in the house (I have 4 boxes/bags of goodies that contain journals, study material, paperwork, books, notes, lists etc that come and go between the shop and home) but my precious piece of art was nowhere to be found.

Adoring Husband decided that he wanted hot chips for lunch, so I changed out of my pyjamas and went for a drive with him so that I could check my drawers and boxes at the shop for my drawing.

Still no luck.

We decided to go visit our pool guy to discuss the next stage of the pool and find out what we need to do next.  I also took the opportunity to check out their landscaping, ie the colour of their pool, their fencing, their paving and the plants in the garden area.

After we got home, I remembered that I had taken a photo of my pool plan and saved it in the 'pool build' file on my laptop (sometimes I amaze myself) so I found it and printed it out.

AH and I spent some time in the back yard doing some more measuring and working out the area that the pebblecrete guy needs to work on. He's coming tomorrow to measure and quote.

Of course, by now, I've been out of bed long enough that the appeal has worn off and AH suggested that we watch a movie together. I found one on Netflix and we began watching it - within 20 minutes he was on SES business and I was sitting alone in the lounge room.

Go figure.

He didn't miss THAT much of the movie.

We need to order our water feature now - because if they don't have any in stock, it's going to take 3-6 months to have one made to order.

Gosh, this is the slow part of the build.

Have a great week and welcome to Monday!


Anyway, back to work tomorrow, so I need to get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: