Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Puffy Eye

I think something bit me on Sunday night as I slept.

My eyelid was swollen on Monday morning and even though the swelling eased quickly during the morning, my eyelid still feels numb and feels like it's sitting heavily against my eyeball.

A very strange feeling.

It was a good morning with the girls and Mama Mia joined us while The Motivator attended an appointment.

We all started with a chat, followed by a mad dash through the clothes that I had removed from my wardrobe then almost everyone did a little shopping in The Happy Abode and everybody had left by 11.30am.

There was a steady stream of customers until around 1.30pm and then it went very quiet for an hour so I was able to tidy up a few loose ends before locking the doors.

It's bin night, so I had to find some strength and muscles to tear up all the cardboard boxes so that they could fit in the big bin and then try to avoid falling in the driveway again as I dragged the sulos out to the footpath. (I was wearing the same shoes that I fell in a couple of weeks ago)

I survived!

There was a light sprinkle of rain as I rode home so I was pedalling pretty fast trying to beat the downpour. Adoring Husband chose that moment to phone me, so I had to stop in the rain to answer the phone!

Doh!

He had preheated the oven so that I was able to put the chicken and all the veggies in the baking tray when I arrived home. With the chicken we had potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, green beans and zucchini with home made gravy - yummy.

No swimming today. It didn't feel hot enough and it was raining lightly for most of the afternoon.

I must say that I'm feeling pretty weary this evening, so it will be an early night for me.

There are nasty storms forecast for Wednesday and we have our lady's Christmas luncheon in a wall-less marquee so let's hope the storms come late in the day!

Thank you to The Motivator for coming in to work and allowing me to attend the lunch. I appreciate the gesture especially because time with Mama Mia is so precious. Big hugs 💕

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: