Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Lovin' Life

A day of rest for me.

While Adoring Husband was mowing the lawn this morning, I rode to the shop to check the mail, get my coffee and visit The Motivator in The Happy Abode.

We had such fun helping a lady from Childers do some Christmas shopping and then gift wrapping her purchases. One of my customers earlier in the week actually recommended our shop to her so she came for a special trip today to check us out!!

She said that she's planning a tour of the area for locals who don't get out much and will bring them to The Happy Abode for a visit and a shop.

Before I got too involved in the day... I just can't help myself, and actually The Motivator and I are both a bit that way inclined on our days off, because it's difficult to leave somewhere that you enjoy being so much ... I forced myself to leave.

It was lunch time when I arrived home so I cooked up the mushrooms that I bought on sale at Foodworks and had creamy mushrooms on toast.

I did a load of washing and then watched a 'made for TV' movie, which was not very good.

The pool was calling me and I'd invited The Motivator and Mama Mia for a swim after work, so I cut up some lemons, put some ice into a container and carried the vodka and tonic out to the pool kitchen before gliding my way into the water.

I did all my exercises and some laps before they arrived and then we spent about an hour together in the pool.

Suddenly AH appeared in his SES uniform and he had to leave for the final SES meeting of the year. We had both forgotten that he was attending that meeting, so he had to leave without dinner. Hopefully they'll feed him on Christmas fare while he's there!

I haven't had any dinner myself tonight, so I might just grab a piece of fruit and have another early night.

If the weather is ok tomorrow, Mama Mia and I will be catching the bus into The Bay. She will be returning home to Sydney next week, so it's probably the only chance we'll have to spend the day together. It should be fun.

There's a little bit of concern happening over the weather and how it's building in the north and south at the moment. Both weather systems are heading in our direction and are predicted to meet right over the top of us in the Wide Bay.

Before that though, cyclone Owen in the north is predicted to be directly over Squirt's location on Magnetic Island at midnight this Saturday.

Wild storms hit Griffith in NSW today causing some flooding and damage to trees ... then Sydney this evening. The road in front of Bubble's house in Sydney is currently flooded and the power lines to her house are sparking.

There is a huge line of storms heading in this direction and who knows what will happen when everything collides? Fingers crossed it will be a fizzer and we will simply receive some much needed rain.

No damaging winds and no flooding.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: