Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Peopled Out

Today was a hibernation day.

My intention was to accompany Adoring Husband into The Bay this morning while he was taking psychotic dog Colli in for grooming. At the last minute I changed my mind because I couldn’t stand the thought of the traffic and the people and the busyness and the craziness of pre-Christmas holiday makers.

I am peopled out and I needed to spend the day hibernating from the world.

Unfortunately, while grooming Colli, the groomer found a large abscess on her face from an infection in her mouth caused by rotten teeth. Luckily, the groomer is situated right beside a vet, so they were able to get her in immediately.

Colli is now on antibiotics and is booked in on Monday to have one, possibly two teeth surgically removed.

That’s going to cost a pretty penny!

She has not and is still not behaving like a sick dog! She is perfectly happy, but AH is a little stressed.

I have to add that I would love to have partaken in some emotional eating today, but the best I could come up with was blending a mango and banana with some coconut ice cream. What resulted was two delicious smoothies that AH and I enjoyed together.

I’m working tomorrow, so it’s time for me to sleep now.

Here is our Christmas tree complete with all of our gifts to ourselves ...


There are still some gifts to arrive in the mail, hopefully on Monday.

Have a happy Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: