Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Vetalicious

I do like our new vet at Passionate Paws on Old Maryborough Road.

We took psychotic dog Ruby there this afternoon for a checkup and to have her eyes checked.

She is almost blind and has dry eyes, so we got some drops for her, which have to be administered twice daily.

She has a  heart murmur which is not a problem unless she starts coughing.

She has troublesome anal glands which, much to Ruby’s dismay, the vet unblocked.

She got her nails clipped.

She may have diabetes, but she’s too old to bother treating it, so we’re ignoring it.

She has lost 1.2kgs since the last vet visit about 2yrs ago, so we have to increase her protein intake. The vet recommends kangaroo meat for that because it’s got no fat and it’s less likely to cause allergies.

Last week Colli cost us just under $140. This week Ruby cost us just over $140. Next week is Jack’s turn.

I feel very comfortable putting our dogs in Dr Finnis’s caring and capable hands and I love that her “go to” is NOT a prescription for everything. She has good knowledge of natural remedies for animals too. She is gentle, considerate and practical.

I like her a lot.

A quiet day in the shop and some new stock was delivered so my morning was filled with getting that sorted and there should be some more delivered tomorrow.

The weather has been wet but oppressively hot and uncomfortable. We have left the air conditioner on all night for two nights in a row.

Ugh.

Time for some sleep. Nadal has just won his match, so I’ve had my fill of tennis for the evening.

Nite all.

No comments: