Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 28, 2020

2 year old tells us about her dinosaurs.


My adorable little Chicklet, seven years ago, naming her dinosaur collection. 

Bubbles posted this old video on Facebook today. It brought a tear to my eye and the warmest, fuzziest feeling in my heart. She will soon be ten and is currently reading Ahn Do’s series of books.

I miss her so much.

On a brighter note, I enjoyed some quality time with my girls today.

We drove to Childers and shopped for shoes, bags and clothes in between a delicious morning tea of latte with GF lemon meringue tart and lunch of warm chicken salad with sweet mustard dressing.

There was lots of snorting laughter, lots of admiring of each other’s purchase choices, lots of walking, lots of news to share, shocking conversation 😳, a mini walkout (with tongue in cheek) and I even found some  art supplies for the next art class!

We were gone for five hours and as it does when you’re having fun, time flew!

These are a couple of my purchases ...



Those big hippy pants are sooooooo comfortable and soooooo cool to wear. I’m going to get myself some more of them!

Now it’s time for me to sleep in preparation for a big week ahead.

Thanks girls for a great day. I love all of you and I’m so grateful to have you in my world. Let’s do it again soon.



Nite all.


No comments: