Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

It Has Begun

Nuremberg 2.0

I mentioned this trial about a year ago and it has taken this long to gather all the evidence, witnesses and experts ready to embark on what will be an interesting outcome. This is the opening statement by Dr. Reiner Fuellmich.

Today was another busy day of sales and as I rearrange stock, I’m leaving a lot of empty shelves as I attempt to fill the main shelves with the remaining stock.

It’s great to see the stock dwindling and it means I’ll have less to worry about by next Monday.

D-Day is looming 😳

I made chicken rissoles with a spicy dipping sauce and BGWLBH had earlier prepared a stack of salads.

A couple of big soursops had fallen from the tree in the back yard so I deseeded them and used the flesh in a slushy - soursop, pineapple, banana, coconut cream, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. That’s what I had for dessert.

It was delicious.

We finished our last game of trivial pursuit and I only just won! I was winning by a long way but BGWLBH crept up from the rear and almost took it from me!

Apparently we have a new version of trivial pursuit arriving on Friday.

Now I’m watching MAFS and feeling ready for an early night.



PS So much for the early night - it’s now 11.45pm 😳

Nite all.

No comments: