Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Mass Downtime

Running a business during the last 2.5 years of the so called pandemic, watching and listening to the general public, physically distant friends, some family members and my social circle, it’s alarming how much this rings true …

Mass Formation

Today was a ‘no-go’ day for me.

I stayed in bed for most of it.

Mrs Bucket came to visit at 11am but I wasn’t going to let anybody steal my “me time” (which has been in short supply of late) and I remained in bed while she chatted with AH and BGWLBH. She stayed for an hour.

BGWLBH organised lunch for herself and AH.

I got up after lunch and considered doing some art but Adoring Husband decided he would take the opportunity to hang my boho mirror in the art room. This task took a good 30 minutes, by which time what little motivation I had completely disappeared.

Instead I spent 20 minutes removing stuff from the old art room and found homes for it in the new art room.

After that I just returned to bed feeling miserable.

I took the two remaining pieces of barramundi out of the freezer and a piece of wild caught salmon. At dinner time I made a salsa, coleslaw and reheated last nights vegetables.

BGWLBH was woken at 4.30am by not so psychotic dog Colli screaming to be let out to pee. Neither AH nor I woke up to the sound.

Her day was filled with cleaning and gardening and shovelling and planting so she was well and truly ready for bed immediately after dinner.

AH and I sat up to watch the worst State of Origin game in history. QLD lost, or should I say, QLD were annihilated by NSW. I haven’t even looked at the final score and came to bed with 15 minutes remaining in the game.

I’m hoping to feel more energised and motivated to do ‘something’ tomorrow.







Nite all.

No comments: