Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 7, 2023

Wiped Out

Yesterday was unpleasant and I spent the day in bed dozing and feeling sorry for myself.

I had a dreadful headache, my body ached like I’d run a marathon and I felt so incredibly lethargic that I struggled to make my way to the loo.

I desperately needed a Panadol but there were none in the house and Adoring Husband was trimming the hedge on the neighbour’s side of the fence.

BGWLBH didn’t even know that I was unwell and was in her room so I didn’t want to disturb her … although, come to think of it, I cared for her over ten days when she was unwell so I should have 😳

Finally, after 7 hours, I dragged myself out of bed to take Harley out to the pool area for some play time - I knew that nobody else had given him any time during the day. All I could manage was to roll the soccer ball off the ottoman over and over and he seemed pretty happy with that.

I discovered AH sitting on his lounge chair so I gave him a frustrated mouthful and he jumped in the car to find me some drugs to ease the headache pain.

After 30 minutes with Harley and after taking a Panadol, I climbed back into bed and left the team to fend for themselves for dinner. They didn’t have to make any decisions or put in any effort when take away fish and chips was their choice.

Anyway, I woke this morning feeling much better! My joints were still a bit sore but the headache was gone and my energy levels definitely improved.

I was able to mix up a batch of Harley’s meals to freeze and have some play time with him.

I did some more art - adding to the octopus …

Watched my quiz show and two games of footy. Very happy that the Dolphins defeated Cowboys!

We’ve had some good rain today … over 100mm including overnight rain. There have been lots of nasty storms throughout Queensland this afternoon and this evening but we were spared from them.

My birthday girl had a lovely day yesterday.



And now it’s time for me to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: