Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Rejuvenated

Monday was a day of rest and recovery from Sunday’s market day.

The pool guy lobbed up early in the morning and aside from a small spot of  black algae on the far step, which he coated with a layer of chlorine, the pool is looking as good as new. He will deliver eight bags of magnesium on Thursday and we will be back to normal with our summer swimming.

Thank goodness.

I spent a good portion of Monday day wrapping Christmas presents ready to send them in the mail this week.

Harley and I swam today. He was so happy to be back in the pool area, he was almost out of control, running all around the pool, diving in and attacking the big blow up balls. We had about 30 minutes of valuable play time.

This morning was meditation and Qigong, our second last class for the year. Both of these classes are valuable play time for me!

There was no session with The Gypsy after class today, so I did a grocery shop, stopped at the butcher and posted my sister’s birthday/Christmas gift.

I was home just after 11am so I sliced up some watermelon and joined Adoring Husband in the lounge room, taking control of the remote and making him watch “Love Island” haha.

After a minor problem with the oven, I cooked chilli mango chicken with vegetables for dinner. Monday night was bangers and mash.

Now it’s 11pm and I’ve got an early start into The Bay with AH to do some last minute Christmas shopping in the morning so it’s sleep time for me.







Nite all.

No comments: