Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 8, 2023

Where Is It???

It’s been a day!

I think I made up for yesterday’s hibernation.

Harley got play time.

I chopped a saucepan full of vegetables to prepare Harley’s meals for 12 days.

I stripped my bed, spun my mattress (king sized, deep mattress sitting inside a bed frame) by myself. It was a tough job that took me quite some time, but I did it!

Washed the bedding and hung it out.

Sorted through and packed the stuff I’m selling at the markets tomorrow. 

Took all the snap button trays out and filled them.

Packed Harley’s meals and put them in the freezer.

Decorated the Christmas tree.

Made the marinade for the chicken.

Searched for my ‘square reader’ which seems to have disappeared off the planet. I’ve turned this house upside down and inside out to no avail. Absolutely no idea and after 4 hours of searching, I give up. 

There is nowhere else to look!

Ugh!

I remade my bed. Far out, it’s a big job for a little old lady like me.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to run some errands this morning, and this afternoon, he packed the car with all of our paraphernalia for the markets.

It’s going to be a hot day.

I need to be up and ready before 5.30am so I’d best get some sleep now!






Nite all.

No comments: