Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Self Imposed

We have officially put ourselves into self imposed lockdown for Easter.

I consider Easter to be the worst time of year for our town. The population swells as our Easter Fishing Classic attracts every man and his dog AND his family.

The only thing to do is stay at home and lock the doors to avoid the madding crowds.

I plan on doing some art, journalling, watching the football, playing with the dog and maybe playing some online trivia.

Today I decluttered my wardrobe and removed 18 tops/dresses/pants which I’ve offered to The Happy Hippy and she has joyfully accepted. I think I need to declutter some more haha.

I had a fresh crab sandwich for breakfast and I delighted in every juicy mouthful.

I received Vegan Chickie’s Wednesday Waffle video (late, obviously). I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned that we send each other a weekly video of ourselves waffling on about what happened during our week. This is our third week.

I received a phone call from Number One Son who is still in the mental health facility in WA. His treatment is not working so they are trying plan B next. There is also a plan C if it comes to it. It was nice to hear his voice and he sounded ok.

Bubbles has applied for a job with Services Australia. She currently manages a Sussans outlet in Sydney but is not happy so I hope she has some luck with this interview process.

We switched it up and had chicken wings for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is Good Friday so instead of the usual Friday night fare, we will have seafood. I have no idea why, because we are not practicing Christians but I guess any excuse to eat fresh seafood is a good one.

Adoring Husband and I watched the footy tonight. I had my usual failed tipping night while AH selected the winning team.

Now it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: