Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 3, 2024

That Time of Year.

Saturday was the 45th anniversary of (My first son) Jamie’s death. 

He died of SIDS at 17 weeks of age, two days after receiving his 4 month Triple Antigen vaccine.

If I knew then, what I know now, different choices would have been made.


It has been a quiet weekend.

Adoring Husband has been working.

I tested the “raw onion poultice on the feet to stop a cough” on AH and it worked!

Lots of Harley play.

A few movies. “Hello Ladies: The Movie” and “Sweet as” - I liked both of them.

I watched “Forces of Nature” and “The Wedding Singer” oldies but goodies.

We watched the first two games of the 2024 NRL season. Those games were played in Las Vegas and I tipped both games incorrectly.

Bugger.

We made hamburgers on Saturday night. Tonight (Sunday) I made Lemon Herb Chicken with spinach, pumpkin and pine nut salad.

MAFS night!

We’ve just enjoyed some heavy showers tonight, but I think it’s finished now.

So nothing new to report. Life is cruisy right now.







Time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: