Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 28, 2019

Getting Physical

I rode my trike today for the first time in about 6 weeks!

While The Motivator was in Sydney, Adoring Husband drove me to work every day so I haven't had any form of exercise (apart from the daily shop walking) for that long.

It felt good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine but it was incredibly windy so, at times, it was hard going.

I had to go to the shop to talk business with TM and work out some financial stuff - that took over two hours and we caught up on other stuff and had a few laughs as well.

I picked up a parcel of mine that had my activated charcoal toothpaste in it - thank goodness because I was desperate! It also had liposomal Vit C and some probiotics.

I arrivéd home just in time to hook up to the live feed of the Oceania Athletics Championships where my cousin's daughter was racing in the finals of the 100 metre hurdles. She came 2nd! An unexpected silver medal result so I'm feeling pretty proud right now.





Her Mum and brother will be here next month for the annual Touch Football Carnival in The Bay so I'm looking forward to hearing all about this week's big event in Townsville. It's a very exciting result!

I decided, almost at the last minute, to go to the club this evening, not for the raffles, but to wish 'Madam Trivia' a happy birthday and give her a small gift.

Adoring Husband had our dinner cooked when I arrived home an hour earlier than usual.

I changed out of my good clothes and into my pyjamas and settled in to watch the football. I am two from two so far in the tipping comp.

I'm excited about Wimbledon Tennis Championships starting on Monday! I'll have a few days off work so that I can stay up late and watch some of the Aussie matches.

I'm off to bed now. I'll be attending the local Art and Craft Expo at the hall tomorrow morning and I've offered to cover TM at the shop so that she can attend as well - especially because she helped organise it!

I hope you have a great weekend - Queensland school holidays have commenced so hopefully things will pick up at the shop.

If she was still with us, my Mum would have celebrated her 79th birthday today. I can't even imagine her at that age! She would have been frail and cranky I reckon lol.

Happy Birthday Mum 💐


Nite all.

No comments: