Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I Cancelled

I woke up this morning and it was cold and wet and windy.

I thought to myself "Today is a day to stay at home. A day to stay in bed late. A day to watch movies. A day to create art. A day to be with Adoring Husband."

So, just as I was about to text The Blonde Bombshell to tell her I wouldn't be attending the lady's lunch, I received a text from her asking how I was getting to the lunch!

I replied telling her that I had decided not to go.

Originally, I wondered what kind of excuse I could give for not going.

Then I realised that I didn't need an excuse.

I realised that I am an adult and my absence or my presence was not going to make any difference to anyone and was not going to effect the outcome of the lunch.

At first, as conditioning prevails, I felt guilty for deciding not to go.

We've all been there. We've all judged others for it.

Why?

There were about 30 women in attendance. None of them were relying on my company to make the lunch more bearable. I had no responsibility except to make up the numbers.

I tapped out the guilt.

EFT.

Google it.

I stayed in bed for a long time listening to the rain and wind while feeling snug and safe in my room.

I got up after midday and mixed 18 containers of paint. That's a LOT and it took almost 90 minutes. I mix acrylic paint with floetrol and water - all in separate containers (which you can see in the photos).

Then I decided to do one of my flower paintings using the swipe method.





I'm not a fan. I think I prefer the white background for the flowers. It makes them appear more vibrant.

During all of that I cooked up some hot and spicy pork ribs. I made a marinade of sweet chilli sauce, blueberry balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, pulled pork seasoning, paprika, white pepper, salt and some water.

I basted the ribs with the marinade as it cooked over a period of 2 hours. The meat was very tender and the marinade was very hot and spicy ... especially for Adoring Husband who had to blow his nose frequently during the meal lol.

My day has been very enjoyable and looking at the photos of the lady's lunch, it looked like they had a nice time too. It was nice to receive a voice message from one of the ladies asking if I was ok because she missed me at the lunch.

I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow. Perhaps some more art. There are other things on my 'to do' list that are not as enjoyable, but I'll see how motivated I feel when I wake.

Now I'm off to read a book.

Nite all.

No comments: