Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Ever So Quiet

Today was the quietest Tuesday in a long while.

I blame the unpredictable weather. There was wind and humidity and showers and thunder.

Only The Brains Trust and Maid Marian came for coffee this morning. Beauty came for a visit about 25 minutes after they’d left the shop.

The Happy Hippy did an hour of garment steaming.

I priced the steamed clothes and hung them for display, set up the table for journaling, paid a bill, filed some paid invoices and sorted through the snap buttons to fill the trays.

I made a sale over the phone with a customer in Sydney and talked with another out of area customer about taking photos of my snap button trays and jewellery so that she can choose some to purchase.

Journaling went well.

I was home by 4pm and crumbed some chicken tenderloins to air-fry in the oven. They were served to Adoring Husband with some zucchini slice, tomato and avocado. I had mango and avocado with mine.

Today our QLD Premier announced the opening of our borders on 17th Dec and all the rules that will apply to the unvaccinated for an indefinite period, so I’ve decided to sell my shop.

I don’t want to be checking anyone’s vaccination status as they walk in the door.

I don’t want to turn the unvaccinated away.

I don't want to be vaccinated to keep my business.

I don’t want the “powers that be” to make my happy place my unhappy place.

So I’m putting it on the market and I hope to create new happy memories in my happy home.

I’ll be practicing my power to detach to help me let go of this one!

It’s now approaching 11.30pm and I’m up early tomorrow for meditation.

Here are some pics of my beautiful girls.



Nite all.

No comments: