Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 7, 2021

What Flags?

Because I had a supplier with me on Friday afternoon, Adoring Husband put my teal and yellow flags on the floor of the shop instead of in the training room where he usually puts them.

This morning I pointed at them on the floor and said to him “Flags”.

He huffed at me and told me he had to wedge the door open and move the chairs out of the way first. So I helped him do those things.

I had two visitors during the morning, which was a pleasant way to pass time when there were no customers in sight.

At 11.20am after a VERY quiet morning and just one customer through the door, I noticed that those pesky flags were STILL ON THE FLOOR!

I took them outside and planted them in their poles and then phoned AH to make him feel as guilty as possible.

From that moment on, it was busy, busy, busy!

I wonder if that’s proof that the flags work and I should put some money towards some new ones - the current flags are looking a bit the worst for wear.

I was very happy with my sales for this morning and I was still serving customers at ten past closing time!

After work, my afternoon could have included a swim but instead we watched a fluffy Christmas movie on Netflix, followed by a pretty good mystery with some big names in it like Jamie-Lee Curtis, Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Don Johnson, Christopher Plummer, Toni Collette and more. I enjoyed that one.

A chicken casserole made with a base of home made cauliflower soup was good enough for AH to return for a second helping.

Good grief! It’s now after midnight!



Nite all.

No comments: