Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 21, 2024

A Session

I pedalled in the rain to visit The Gypsy for a three hour session this morning.

It was intense and emotional but also enlightening and freeing.

It’s been a while since I rode my trike around town, so when I left her, I made my way to the local shops. On the way I ran into (not literally) a few people I haven’t seen for a while. Each stop and chat added up to almost two hours! 

I did get to sit silently and alone for 15 minutes overlooking the beach at low tide. There was weather in the distance …

It was after 2pm by the time I arrived home.

I got some Harley play in between rain showers.

Dinner was poached chicken salad.

My Broncos played tonight. They were already down two of their top players, including their captain, due to injury and then less than five minutes into the game they lost their star player due to a dangerous tackle by a Penrith player.

Needless to say they lost badly.

Now it’s almost midnight and I need to be up early in the morning so …







Nite all.

No comments: