Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Another Hump Day

My body was much happier this morning.

The spur under my toe has almost gone. I can still feel what’s left of it and depending on how my foot lands when I walk, I can still feel a tiny bit of pain, but I’m walking without a limp now and I’m very happy with the result of my castor oil poultice. Tonight is the 5th night in a row so it hasn’t taken long.

My stomach, on the other hand, seems to be struggling. I guess it’s time to get regular with the castor oil poultice wrapped around my torso! It’s also time to be more serious with my diet and cut out all the sugar I’ve been stuffing into my face.

We had a good day in The Bay today. Got craft supplies, browsed through Big W and Rivers, the lady’s boutique, the cheap shops, supermarket and Su Jus.

Duck and vegetables for dinner, except I had last nights leftover spag bol.

Now it’s time to sleep.


Sunflowers are such a beautiful flower.

Quick sunflower facts:

-The entirety of a sunflower is edible.  Their leaves, stalks, and roots can all be used as food, and were grown in North America before other crops like corn became common.  They were milled to create flour, and their seeds roasted and eaten.

-Young sunflowers follow the sun all day, and then reset their position at night to be ready for sunrise.  Once fully grown, they stay facing east to attract bees and other pollinators.  

-On average, sunflowers grow to be between 6 to 10 feet, but they can grow much taller.  The tallest sunflower ever recorded was 30 feet.  

-Sunflowers can absorb toxins, including toxic metals and radiation.  Following the nuclear disasters of Chernobyl and Fukushima, scientists planted millions of sunflowers to help those areas recover. 

They are remarkable plants!

Nite all.

No comments: