Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 6, 2021

Play Date

It was an early start for me.

It was also a struggle because I got all absorbed in some video interviews with Drs and Scientists regarding vaccines last night and it was 1am when I looked at the clock and realised that sleep is more important!

Luckily I fell asleep instantly and my alarm woke me at 7am so at least I got a solid six hours.

Aggie was right on time to pick me up at 9.15am and we all met Beauty at Su Jus Bar for coffee and juices. I even partook of a delicious piece of GF mango cheesecake!

We all rushed around doing some important shopping - clothes, bras, Christmas gifts etc

At midday we all loaded our purchases into the back of the car and drove to Salt Cafe to meet The Brains Trust, who had snuck off to attend an appointment, for lunch.

Compared with the usual standard, lunch was a little disappointing. Aggie and I had grilled barramundi which was a little dry. Our salads were very different, each overloaded with different ingredients, mine with cherry tomatoes, hers with marinated capsicum and cucumber.

The other girls enjoyed their lunches, especially The Brains Trust who ordered a steak burger and the other two selected nasi goreng.

After lunch we browsed in the gift shop and walked down the stairs to Luxe where I found one nice white top to buy. 

While conversing with the owners, I discovered that neither of them were vaccinated and we shared the same views. She added a packet of chocolates to my bag and a book that she had created that has some of her favourite verses and psalms from the bible.

I have, at various times in my life, been curious about the bible, but have never read it in its entirety. I was touched that she was offering me something that meant so much to her so I accepted it gratefully.

As I stepped outside, Aggie was finishing a phone call from our mutual friend who had just been to visit Bombshell in hospital. It was a positive report and even though she’s not completely out of the woods yet, it seems that she is healing well and is on the mend. There is still one more surgery to go.

We had one stop for The Brains Trust to buy some special coffee beans before we headed home.

By the time we were halfway home, I was feeling quite weary and ready for a nap!

There was leftover baked dinner that I heated up for Adoring Husband’s dinner, so that was easy and I’d eaten enough during the day that I wasn’t interested in food. I snacked on a couple of GF tomato flavoured long crackers later in the evening but the best part was my anti-inflammitea late afternoon.

AH and I watched a fluffy Christmas movie this evening before we both headed off to bed.

It’s been a big eventful tiring day and I am ready for sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: