Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 6, 2021

Pleasant

It has been a very pleasant Sunday.

After a good nights sleep between my fresh clean linen sheets (even though my sleep was interrupted by a massive storm) I woke around 8am.

Adoring Husband brought my lemon water and I had a nice lazy start in bed.

We had a lunch date at the Bowls Club with the Welsh Wonder and her hubby The Energiser Bunny so we made ourselves presentable and drove to the club ready to meet with them at midday.

We were a little early so AH got us some beverages and I put my keno on, then grabbed a couple of menus from the restaurant.

Our friends arrived and we chatted for about 20 minutes before ordering our food. AH and I both ordered the creamy garlic prawns with rice and salad.

The meal was very average, which was disappointing because many people have told us that the food had improved.

It hasn’t.

The Welsh Wonder and I decided to have a play on the pokies, but neither of us had any luck.

After two and a half hours, AH and I left them to finish their drinks and headed to the supermarket for veggies to have with our roast chicken for dinner.

Neither of us finished our lunch so we were feeling peckish by dinner time.

Roast chicken with sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, onion and broccoli with home made gravy.

Delicious 

I have another lunch date with my girls tomorrow and here we are after midnight already!

Best get some sleep, but before I go, another covid jab story 

Nite all.

No comments: