Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Ruined

I began varnishing my art in preparation for the art expo in 16 days.

I discovered, the hard way, that posca pens are not varnish friendly and the colour has run on my small seahorse picture and my wave.

If I’d used a spray on varnish, it would have been ok but I used my preferred ‘brush on’ varnish and that was disastrous.

Ugh 😩 

So it was a disappointing day for me.

I did get two of my fluid art paintings varnished and they look great. The colours are brighter and the glossy shine looks awesome, so I guess the day wasn’t a complete failure.

My purple octopus got some more attention too.

In between all of that I took Harley out for play twice and I cooked all three meals today so I’m feeling a bit worn out. I even fell asleep on the couch watching the football! Unheard of!

So, on that note, I shall sign off and snuggle under my covers and aim for a solid nights sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: