Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Walkies!

I took Harley for his first walk since his operation.

The new choker chain and leash got its first workout and worked a treat. 

We walked for about 45 minutes, stopping at a seat to look out over the river for about ten minutes. While we sat, a gentleman stopped to meet Harley. He had experience with Border Collies and it showed in the way he stopped Harley from jumping on him. It was a very pleasant interaction.

Harley still wanted to play in the pool area so upon our return, we played fetch for about 20 minutes to use up that last bit of energy.

I caught up on the MasterChef episodes that I’d recorded and then watched some more ‘Stranger Things’.

Fried rice was my craving for lunch so I whipped up a quick one making sure there was enough left to add to the dinner plate tonight.

Dinner was duck breast with chilli mulberry jus, fried rice and garden salad.

We played trivia for an hour after dinner.

Now it’s time to sleep. Big day in The Bay tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: