Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

New Brekky Spot

We found The Spotted Goat.

I’d heard of this restaurant and friends had posted pics of themselves dining outside but even though we drive along The Esplanade often, I’d never seen it or noticed it.

Today we decided to go in search of it with the idea of dining in for breakfast.

I think we arrived a bit after 8am and there were two tables with diners.

The staff were super friendly, greeting us at the door and explaining the process.

It was a bit chilly this morning so we opted to eat inside. There were about 6 tables outside on the footpath and there was a gentleman drinking coffee at one of them.

Inside, the decor was crisp and clean, mostly white with touches of blue and pink. There were two big framed pictures on the wall of beach scenes but focusing on pink and gold kombis in the foreground.

We counted 7 staff including the barista and the woman taking orders and payments at the checkout.

The acoustics were not good because every sound echoed, from the many conversations, the background music and the kitchen noise so it was difficult to hear each other when we spoke.

BGWLBH ordered standard poached eggs and bacon with a pot of tea, while I ordered avocado on GF toast with lemon feta and pomegranate which was delicious. I also ordered a small takeaway coffee and that was delicious too.

The meals were reasonably priced and it cost $44 all up.

I’d like to go there again and order something different for lunch.

Within 15 minutes of us ordering, the restaurant was packed and when we left there was only one free table, so obviously they have a reputation and I was surprised to discover that this august, they will have been open for two years!

We certainly took our time over breakfast and it was an enjoyable way to start our day.

Our itinerary today included The Spotted Goat, Nanas Pantry, Choice, Newsagent, Nail Salon, Spotlight, Bakery, Petbarn, 2 x Butchers, Su Jus Cafe, Coles, Woollies, the seafood place at Eli Waters and Craignish to pick up the FROG box.

We left home at 7.30am and returned at 3.30pm.

It was a long day.

Harley was happy to see us return and after I unpacked all of our goodies I got changed and took him to the pool area to play for half an hour. He was very happy with his two new super sized squeaking tennis balls.

I did crumbed chicken with home made coleslaw, sweet potato and white potato chips and a garden salad for dinner.

We played trivia and watched some telly and now it’s almost midnight!








Time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: