Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 17, 2020

Move Along

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and I left on foot and on trike to go visit the boys at The Seat of Knowledge early this morning before work.

The boys were pleased to see BGWLBH.

I think the Seat of Knowledge is pretty quiet these days now that The Gnome has gone into care. When I first came to town, there were ten old blokes who spent at least an hour every morning on the seat.

Three of them have passed on, two have moved out of the area, one is unable to leave his house, one is in care, one visits infrequently and that leaves two old boys who now sit there every day.

I told them it was time to recruit some young blood to continue the tradition!

Our visit lasted about 30 minutes.

By the time we bought our coffee and arrived at the shop, it was almost 8.30am.

Adoring Husband arrived to help open the shop and then drove BGWLBH home. They spent the morning in The Bay again.

My day at the shop was pretty quiet as far as sales go, but I was visited by The Brains Trust, Beauty and Blonde Bombshell and not all at the same time, which was lovely.

I kept myself busy doing the write up for our new happy/healthy workshop, paying bills, starting an email register for our workshop participants and other ‘stuff’.

I pedalled home, sat under the Bali hut for half an hour with BGWLBH, had a swim, did some washing, took clothes off the line and put the clean stuff away and then sat down to start a game of trivial pursuit.

We were halfway through that when we prepared a quick dinner of chicken and salad before continuing the game. It was from a difficult box of trivia (we have just about every box of Trivial Pursuit ever made) and we struggled for a couple of hours until AH and I conceded defeat and gave the win to BGWLBH who had the most pieces of pie.

It was only 8.30pm but we all headed straight to bed and here I am sitting up in bed typing this while AH watches “The Fugitive” on TV.

I think I’m ready to sleep. We have a big day planned tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: