Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Another One Bites the Dust

The days seem to be passing extra quickly!

I think it’s because Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair is going home soon and I’m working every day so I don’t get to spend as much time with her as I’d like. Trying to squeeze all the fun stuff into the hours we have is tricky!

It was another good day at the shop and some of the ladies came to retrieve their art from the weekend workshop. They also put their names down for next weeks class. One of them gave me a huge hug and said how pleased she was to have found me! How nice is that!?

I wrote up a blurb about myself and my photography, then laminated it and attached it to the shelving where some of the photos are displayed.

BGWLBH picked up my photo from the framers while she was in The Bay doing some shopping, and Adoring Husband delivered it to me this afternoon. The lady who ordered it will pick it up tomorrow.

I ordered some stock, did some cleaning, enjoyed some customer time, and received lots of pics from Vegan Chickie ...


















That was my best entertainment for the day. I’d love to see something like this myself! One day.

I also enjoyed a dip in the pool this afternoon, after which BGWLBH and I teamed up to create a deliciously healthful dinner of duck breast, sweet potato chips and a variety of salads.

Two games of trivia. BGWLBH won the first one, then she and I drew the second game. At 9pm it felt like 11pm so we abandoned play and all headed to bed.

TGIF tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: