Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Night Swim

Considering nobody walked through the door until 11.30am it was a good morning in the shop.

Adoring Husband and Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair arrived at 12.30pm and we filled in 30 minutes until closing time.

Then we were off on our lunch and movie date.


Aquavue and Jumanji.

Aquavue disappointing.

Jumanji a bit of fun.

Stop off at Craignish cafe for a hamburgers without bread for dinner (their only gluten free option). I gobbled my food down on the way home and lucky I did!

Arrived home to a psychotic dog mess so while AH and BGWLBH ate their dinner, I huffed and puffed through the house cleaning mess and dogs.

My best option from there was a night time swim under the stars. It was lovely and I’d have liked to sit under the Bali hut for a while but the mozzies scared me off.

In bed by 9.30pm and definitely ready to sleep!

But just before I sign off, here is Vegan Chickie looking fabulous before heading off to a wedding!



Nite all.

No comments: