Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Three Down

We’re all exhausted!

Adoring Husband and Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair finally had their movie date today - in the deluxe cinema!

They saw the new Star Wars movie which goes for 2 hours 45 minutes. I reckon you need the deluxe comfort if you’re going to watch a movie that long!

Afterwards they ran some errands that I’d listed.

Meanwhile I was having a busy and successful day at the shop selling, among other things, one of my BIG photos. It’s almost time for me to do another multi print run of some new photos to build up the selection to choose from.

I responded to some emails, designed some signs, began a stock order, watered the plants, rearranged the photo display, packed up the Christmas decorations and served some of my favourite customers,

The day passed very quickly and I was surprised when AH walked through the door at 2.40pm.

BGWLBH was lazing by the pool when I arrived home, so I got changed out of my work clothes, went for a dip and then lazed on the other end of the couch until it was time to prepare dinner.

BGWLBH began work on some of our signs while I cooked.

As we enjoyed dinner, we all three realised that this evening, none of us had the brain power to even consider trivia or any other game. So we all went our separate ways earlier than usual.

The house is currently very quiet.

Last weekend, to experiment with, and test a certain natural therapy, I began listing my life stresses and traumas by year. In theory, these traumas will be cleared and released during treatment. 

Surprisingly, I discovered that since the age of three, I’ve only experienced three full years in my life where a major stress or trauma did not occur, so with hindsight, I’m pretty impressed with my resilience! 

Even though some of those earlier traumas contributed to some of my questionable life decisions in the early years, in the long term, I’ve done ok.

All of those experiences have also added value, such as my ability to empathise, sympathise, push through, overcome, recover from, move forward and always be hopeful of a positive result or outcome.

Hopefully that’s what life does. It makes us older and wiser and brings with it the opportunity to nurture some great attributes through our experiences.

Anyway, just thought I’d touch on that before signing off for the night.

Nite all.

No comments: