Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Delete Delete

I deleted my old weather app - because it told me that today would be fine and sunny! It wasn’t! It rained a lot!

I now have a new weather app which had excellent reviews and more than half a million users. It’s telling me that it’s raining right now … which it is.

At least there was a long enough gap in the rain for Harley and I to ride to the Lions Park, spend 90 minutes with my people and then ride home.

Harley was very good at the park and was excited to see the girls, greeting them with cuddles and a waggy tail.

Bonanza Man joined us and now our group is no longer the intimate little art group it once was. I don’t think it will survive now. All it took was for somebody to invite one outsider - who then invited another outsider and so the domino effect is set.

Time to branch out. Perhaps invite the original girls to my art space once a month so that we can be ourselves and just relax together.

Harley loved riding in the basket. He’s so good. I don’t think it’ll be too long before I can let him sit without being attached with the the harness strap.

This afternoon he and I played in the rain. I sat under the Bali hut throwing the ball while the rain got heavier. It was quite pleasant and Harley still swam in the pool in between fetching.

I did a Chicken Tikka curry for dinner - I was hoping the hot food would help BGWLBH sweat out her illness. It may be just me at the markets on Saturday.

Adoring Husband saw the doctor today to get the results of his tests - which were all clear. Just a couple of minor issues that can be easily fixed. Good news.

Now it’s time for sleep.



Nite all.


No comments: