Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 19, 2023

To Market

BGWLBH and I left home just before 7am to drive to Nikenbah for the markets.

Besides stocking up on fresh fruit and vegetables we found some colourful, comfortable hippy pants and tops. All items were 2 for $35 which is pretty good value for a complete outfit.

My top is a black a-line singlet with a floral peace sign on the front and my hippy pants are green bell bottoms with a floral tie-dye pattern. They are a heavy flowy material but very cool on the skin. I didn’t even try them on but they fit perfectly and are sooooo comfy.

We also bought a few small crystals.

Halfway through the markets, a huge black cloud filled the sky and a short sharp heavy downpour had everyone scattering for shelter!

We happened to be near the food tent so we grabbed a seat under cover and ordered coffee from Dani and Tracy in the little coffee van nearby. It was nice to sit out the rain with a delicious beverage under shelter.

We filled our granny trolley with loads of fresh fruit and vegetables and just as we were leaving stumbled upon a seafood van so we bought 2 x snapper and 2 x king salmon fillets.

The mango van was set up so I purchased 3kgs of frozen mango cheeks for our smoothies.

The fridge needed a solid clean out to fit everything we’d bought so I was busy for a while. I also had to cut open all the passionfruit to freeze the pulp.

Before I sat down, I filled the slow cooker with organic chicken carcass, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, kale stalks, him salt and acv and set it to slow simmer for 20 hours. I can’t wait to enjoy a cup of broth in the morning.

I am leading the footy tipping comp by 4 pts! It won’t last so I need to brag right here, right now!

Time to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: