Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 24, 2023

Stress Levels

I’m watching the Dolphins vs Broncos game as I write this and Dolphins have just hit the lead. I tipped my team - the Broncos. 

Ugh.

BGWLBH is still very sick in bed so I’ll be doing the markets by myself tomorrow. That will be interesting.

Adoring Husband has filled the back of the car with the gazebo, three folding tables, 2 x big tubs of stock and a few bags of goodies, BGWLBH’s art (not all of it), plastic bags, tissue paper and sticky tape.

I’ve charged up the Square reader so that people can use their card to pay. AH went to the post office and got some cash to make up a float and I’ve put it all in my leather bumbag.

I still have to make a couple of signs and grab some table cloths.

I do my best work under pressure.

So between the football, caring for and worrying about BGWLBH and then preparing for the markets, I’m feeling a little bit stretched, stressed and pressured.

Broncos have just won!! Wahoo!!! Winning!

Time to do the signs now. I’ll post pics of the stall tomorrow night.









Nite all.

No comments: