Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Cupboard is Full

BGWLBH had an appointment at the nail salon this morning so I decided to accompany her into The Bay.

After the appointment, we had plenty on our list so we were all over the place. Eleven different shops.

The nail appointment was for 9.30am and we were home before 2pm with a boot load of bags. Nothing exciting and mostly food or supermarket items like tissues, toilet paper, ziplock bags, freezer bags, paper towels etc.

In the shopping centre was a pop up kiosk set up to recruit and sign up people to provide regular donations for research into Diabetes and Heart Disease. Today they were focusing on Heart Disease.

The young man (I guess at age 22) was trying to attract my attention, but after I said “no” and tried to walk away, he waved a card and said “we are just trying to give away these cards” and waved it toward me. So I took it …

I hit him on his shoulder and called him a dick. 

But then I did actually listen for about ten minutes.

He rambled on about new medical breakthroughs and figures on heart disease deaths. Apparently, in Australia, one person dies of heart disease every 12 minutes.

He attempted to get my contact details and card details so that the organisation could contact me in the future regarding donations.

I declined.

He tried from another angle but I declined again and he very politely accepted my decision and as I walked away, he wished me a good day.

He was an interesting distraction in my day.

I cooked stuffed chicken breast rollups for dinner and served it with roast pumpkin and spinach salad and grilled tomatoes. Adoring Husband went for seconds.

It’s now almost 10.30pm and I have morning tea with the art girls tomorrow morning, so I’d best get some sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: