Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Un-Spring-like

I arrived at meditation on time today!

As always, it was a great class.

There was no catch up with The Gypsy afterwards because she had an appointment, so I did a small grocery shop, grabbed myself a coffee and rode home the back way along the river path.

I must stop getting a coffee every day - I will be addicted before I know it!

There were lots of kids and young people fishing along the banks of the river. It’s the first time this season that it actually looked like school holidays.

There was also a young girl blowing giant bubbles across the water. It looked so cool with so many bubbles floating above the water on the breeze. I stopped my trike and watched her for about ten minutes. No photos because she was a young person and there were lots of kids around.

The weather was NOT very Spring-like today …


Luckily, I didn’t get caught in any rain showers. It rained quite heavily during our class though.

I got home and unpacked the groceries and my belly was calling for food, so I cooked some crumbed chicken tenderloins and made a chilly tomato sauce to dip them.

We watched some mini golf docos, followed by the movie “Twelve Monkeys” starring Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt. It was made in 1995. I missed the first 20 minutes which I think must be vital to fully understand the rest of the movie, but I really enjoyed that one.

Tonight’s dinner was baked sticky lime chicken with baked potatoes, pumpkin, onion, carrot and cherry tomatoes. Garlic butter asparagus on the side.

I’ve already done some journaling tonight and I’m watching MKR right now.

BGWLBH worked today. 

AH has made a soursop tea for me and I’m going to snuggle under the covers and hopefully fall asleep soon. My sleep was very broken last night so I’m a bit tired.




Nite all.

No comments: