Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Lotto Looming

Half a day in the Bay to do lotto and buy some sourdough bread fresh from the baker.

In a couple of weeks, we won’t need to go into the Bay for Lotto because our Foodworks supermarket is currently setting up a lotto station and training up staff to man it! Let’s hope it’s lucky!

That was my ‘to do’ list.

BGWLBH had her own list and she has a hair appointment tomorrow, so our trip had to be today.

We were home by 2pm and my eyes were very tired, so I lay on my bed for 90 minutes resting them.

Chicken rollups wrapped in bacon for dinner. The stuffing tonight was goats cheese, mayonnaise, chilli sauce, fried onion and mushrooms, parsley.

Served with potato salad, wombok salad and cherry tomatoes.

Last Wednesday, Adoring Husband’s ankle collapsed from under him. It was very dramatic. But miraculously, he was able to play golf the next day without a problem.

Tonight (Wednesday), his knee collapsed from under him - even MORE dramatic - he fell on the dog and onto the floor. He still plans on playing golf tomorrow. No sympathy from me unless golf is suffering.

Just saying.

It’s only early but I need to rest my eyes some more.




Nite all.

No comments: