Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 2, 2026

Spring Perfection

My town from up high

This morning I declined BGWLBH’s offer to accompany her into the Bay.

Instead, I played with Harley for 40 minutes and decided to go for a ride.

Honestly, the day was so perfect, the air so clear, the colours so vibrant, the energy so positive that I could have kept riding all day!

I started with a coffee and sat in front of the caravan park to enjoy the view and nod hellos to the passers by.

Then I rode along every street (except the new estates), looking at the new houses that have been built on the old blocks and the gardens and the changes that have been made everywhere. It was very enjoyable and after two hours, I felt like I could continue for another two hours, but I knew I would suffer later for it, so I headed home.

I still had enough energy to do some cooking, so I decided to make some apple strudels.

Adoring Husband and I had some for lunch - him with ice cream and whipped cream, me with custard, ice cream and whipped cream. They were delicious.

I watched a Netflix movie called “Hanging Up” starring Walter Matthau, Diane Keaton, Meg Ryan and Lisa Kudrow. It was pretty good but released in 2000 so it’s pretty old. I enjoyed it.

For dinner, I cooked myself chicken sausages with tomato and onion gravy.

I must admit that my body is feeling a little bit weary, so I should sleep well tonight.

I’m off to the Howard markets in the morning so it will be an early start.





Nite all.

No comments: