Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Footy Fever

It’s Sunday.

I woke up quite early this morning and immediately turned on the Presidents Cup Golf. I’d already missed a lot of it, but I enjoyed watching the Internationals make a comeback to keep well ahead of USA on the points board.

I took Harley out to play at 8.30am for about an hour, before making myself some GF crumpets for breakfast. Adoring Husband drove to the shops to get coffee for us all.

We watched a replay of the golf until midday when I decided that my bed was calling me.

I did some art while watching or listening to two Mayim Bialik podcasts and then part of an interview with Diary of a CEO.

Then the preliminary NRL final between Newcastle Knights and Penrith Panthers came on at 4pm.

The score was 6-6 at the 35 minute mark when Nathan Cleary was awkwardly tackled and suffered a compound fracture and dislocation of his ankle and lower leg. It was nasty.

The Knights player who tackled him was sent off for the rest of the game, so The team had to play the entire rest of the match one man down. While the Panthers had a full team on the field, they were without their leader and play maker.

I had tipped the Knights to win, but at that point I lost all hope for them, because Penrith were the minor premiers AND have years of experience playing in these pressure finals matches. Also, just last year, Knights were the wooden spooners!

Who’d have thunk that Knights would fight so hard and end up winning 22-14. What a brilliant game with an emotional finish.

It was easy spaghetti Sunday.

Now I’m watching The Voice finale from my bed.







Nite all.

No comments: