Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 26, 2026

I Need a Free Day

Six days in a row of being social, shopping and reconnecting.

I am weary.

If my energy is low tomorrow (Sunday), I might just spend some extended rejuvenating time in my bedroom.

I took Harley out to play at 8.40am.

BGWLBH invited me into The Bay, but I declined her offer.

The Gypsy is currently house and dog sitting so I decided, this afternoon, to visit her.

I watched a movie with Adoring Husband beforehand. It was on Netflix and was called “The Late Bloomer”. Apparently, loosely based on a true story. It was a fairly easy watch, with many recognisable actors. It certainly didn’t require any brain work, but it killed 90 minutes until I left to visit The Gypsy.

At 1pm I hopped on my trike and rode the 350 metres to where she is staying. We sat on the front deck for 3 hours chatting about everything and anything while taking in the view of tall trees, green grass and the glistening blue waters of the river.

We drank tea while watching people get swooped by nesting magpies, which was quite entertaining.

At 4pm I returned home to catch the second half of the AFL grand final between Fremantle and Brisbane Lions. The score at half time was 43-43. The score seesawed throughout the game and with 4 minutes remaining, Brisbane Lions were losing by 17 points. They found a whole new gear in that final 4 minutes and ended up winning 96-89 for their third grand final win in a row.

My ‘fend for yourself’ dinner was chicken sausages in tomato and onion gravy with leftover mashed potato. It was delicious comfort food.

We usually watch 3 games of NRL football on a Saturday afternoon/evening, so we are feeling a bit lost tonight with no NRL at all.

We have to wait until 4pm Sunday for the preliminary final between Penrith Panthers and Newcastle Knights. I’ve tipped the Knights. Wishful thinking probably.

Now it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: