My day was socially packed.
A 77th birthday party with 6 of us in attendance.
Mrs Bucket had already celebrated with a dozen others on the weekend, but today was her actual birthday, so we decided to go to the pub restaurant to eat. Our first choice would have been the Bowls Club, but their bistro is temporarily/indefinitely closed on Mondays/Tuesdays.
I had not heard any good reports on the food at the pub. None. All reports were negative so I wasn’t looking forward to lunch.
I selected chicken and prawn salad = $22.
It included 3 grilled chicken tenderloins, 5 king prawns, chunks of mango, red capsicum, red onion, grated carrots, shaved Parmesan cheeses, mixed lettuce leaf, olives and dressing.
I’m pleased to report that it was delicious! The chicken was tender, the prawns perfectly cooked and the salad fresh. My only complaint would be that the mango was from a tin.
The girls shared 2 bottles of wine and I drank Tonic Water with lemon.
The conversation almost entirely consisted of theirs and others’ health issues. Falls causing broken bones - wrists, knees, hips, ribs and shoulders. Medications, Drs and Specialists names, complications arising and deaths.
This is an issue for me that stops me from socialising.
I’m 66yrs old and not on any medications. I’ve only just started supplementing with Vit B12 but I don’t take other supplements. All of these ladies are on multiple medications for multiple medical conditions and yet continue to be weak, frail and unwell.
So I don’t enjoy being present for these conversations and it’s the reason I almost always decline social invitations. It’s rare to find healthy individuals over 60yrs of age.
That birthday lunch took 2 hours of my time and it was nice to see the girls with whom I once spent a prolific amount of time.
From there, Adoring Husband dropped me off at The Motivator’s house where I spent another two hours.
Completely different vibe, being like minded, are our own healthcare advocates, avoid medications, have very similar belief systems and do everything possible to use natural means to correct or heal our bodies.
Over the years, in my experience, I have healed all, bar one, medical problem in my own body. I’ve had a particular health problem for 8 years, the severity of which, fluctuates between ‘barely noticeable’ to ‘I need to sit or lie down to alleviate the pain ten times in a day’.
I’m working on it.
Still.
Anyway I had a lovely catch up with The Motivator for two hours. We talked and talked and talked until AH arrived at 4pm to take me home.
GF pies with mash and steamed snow peas, green beans and carrots for dinner. I had mashed potatoes mixed with avocado, spring onions, tuna and cottage cheese.
I’m off to the Bay tomorrow so it’s time to sleep.
Nite all





No comments:
Post a Comment