Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

A Bit Hippy

Today, I purchased a hippy-ish kind of denim vest for myself.

I think it’s an acquired taste.

I love it.

BGWLBH had an appointment to do her taxes this morning, so I accompanied her into the Bay.

We landed at the Jam Jar Cafe for morning coffee before the appointment.

I was doing a favour for Old Speckled Hen, by seeking out 3kgs chicken necks for her dog Rusty. The Hen has an infection in her knee, so she’s not allowed to do anything while she finishes her high dose antibiotics, so I offered to help.

The first butcher I asked had none. Coles only had 1kg. The second butcher had none. The third butcher, in Woollies, had none. Much later, Coles suddenly had a whole shelf loaded with chicken necks, so I was able to complete my mission.

I took a long walk to put lotto on.

I browsed the lady’s boutique and found my vest.

I did a decent grocery shop at Coles, grabbed a couple of things from my regular butcher, bought some juice, did fruit and veg at Farm Gate and finally fish and prawns from the seafood place.

We arrived home a bit after 2pm. I jumped on my trike to deliver the chicken necks and rushed home before the storms hit.

We’ve had a bit of rain this afternoon and evening - perhaps 5 or 6 mm. Enough to wet the ground nicely.

Dinner was GF pies with mash, snow peas, green beans and carrot. I crumbed myself some whiting fillets, fried them up and then drenched them in fresh lemon juice. Very nice. Afterwards I made myself a chocolate thick shake with coconut ice cream and lactose free milk. Also very nice.

I have morning tea with the art girls tomorrow morning, so it’s time to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: