Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Weekend Coffee-date Warrior

I decided that I would ‘come bearing gifts’ to my coffee date.

The gifts being takeaway coffees and GF profiteroles from the local bakery.

It was incredibly windy along the river path. It was blowing the spray from the white caps onto the riverbank, so I could actually feel the cold droplets as I rode along! That’s never happened before.

I was going to phone my coffee date to ask if she wanted coffee but I accidentally left my phone at home, so I bought the coffee anyway, only to discover that she had just finished a coffee before I got there … which was strange in itself because she had invited me around for a coffee date!

Anyway, she did enjoy the profiteroles.

We spent two hours together, interrupted by a visit from a builder who she gave instructions for some basic work to be done tomorrow (Sunday), but she was concerned his unreliability meant that he might not turn up.

It was a great visit and one that we had put off too many times. I hope that we can catch up more often.

Tomorrow afternoon, I have another catch up with The Motivator. She has a very busy October, so we are squeezing this quickie in between her diary blocks.

I was home by12.30pm and made myself an avocado/tuna dip to eat my crackers for lunch.

Adoring Husband was planted in front of the TV watching the Bathurst car racing, so I moved to my bedroom to eat my food, watch the live golf from Japan, do some journaling, catch up on my “Traitors” TV and do my daily Facebook browse.

Harley took turns spending time between AH and me.

I took him out to play and then made myself a chicken and prawn miso soup for ‘fend for yourself’ dinner.

There was a frozen mango smoothie in the freezer from last week, so I snavelled that and enjoyed the icy yumminess from my bed.

It’s now 11pm and I’m ready to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: