Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 11, 2026

It’s Sunday

For some strange reason, I was awake at 5am … on a Sunday!

I stayed in bed until 9am.

I took Harley out to play and discovered that Adoring Husband had already brought coffee home, but only for himself and BGWLBH!

Spewin’!

So I had a shower, got dressed, jumped on my trike and rode to the shops to get my own coffee.

I sat briefly to enjoy the view …



AH was planted in front of the TV watching Bathurst, so when I returned, I took myself back to my bedroom and watched some golf and some YouTube. I did some washing and kept myself occupied until it was time to leave for my visit with The Motivator.

We chatted for 3 hours!

We sat outside in the shade looking into the mini rainforest that she has at the side of her house. It was very pleasant and we obviously had plenty to talk about, until I realised how late it was.

I rushed home because we usually eat at 5pm and it was already after that! Luckily it was spaghetti Sunday so it only took 20 minutes to cook the spaghetti and heat up the sauce.

Now, it’s already 10pm and I’m truly tired!






Nite all.

No comments: