Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 5, 2026

Vibrantly Energised

After a good nights sleep, I took Harley out for almost an hour of play and I could hear my trusty trike calling my name, so I made myself presentable and off I pedalled.

All up, I did about 10kms.

I started at FWs for coffee which I took to one of my favourite viewing points along the river …



I sat for about 30 minutes.

There were a LOT of young adults around today. They were hanging in groups, mostly up to their waists in the water, which was weird. Not fishing. Not swimming. Just standing in the water talking amongst themselves.

There were four different groups spaced out along the river. No hats, no sunscreen, no drinks, no bags, no shirts, nothing.

Today was a public holiday, so the boaties were out in force. At the boat ramp, there were three quite large yachts waiting in line to be set free to set sail!

The weather was so beautiful, with the sun shining brightly, scattered clouds, a cool breeze, clear air, vibrant colours and a palpable positive energy.

I couldn’t get enough of it and I pedalled along pathways that encircled bushland, along streets that I haven’t seen for a few years, around the block a few times, down to the lagoon and back and then the long way home.

It was great.

At home, I poured myself a lemon, lime and bitters with ice, decided on hamburgers for dinner, so I took the last packet of lamb mince out of the freezer. I’m sure I made something to eat, but I can’t remember.

I watched a load of YouTube videos on the smart TV. Manifestation, Jet Lag, Nats What I Reckon and a Tarot Card reader for Taurus. 

Harley got an afternoon play before I prepared dinner. Home made hamburgers.

Meditation tomorrow morning so it’s time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: